Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Jazz Have Been Lucky and I Think The Refs Have Been Paid Off Using Tithing Funds


As glad as I am that the Jazz are up 3-1, it hasn’t felt like they’ve outright dominated once in this series. In fact, I dare say they’ve been lucky. At no point do I think the Rockets have outplayed them, but they have underplayed this whole time.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I actually feel like the officiating has been terrible because it seems to be favoring the Jazz! Poor Luis Scola has received a couple fouls a game, including a couple crucial ones that impacted the outcome, that were as ticky-tack as they come. If I were the Rockets, I’d swear there was a conspiracy going on somewhere.

Actually, I DO swear there is a conspiracy going on, but that’s an entirely different post. Basically, the refs are what’s wrong with the NBA and I believe it’s total collusion. But, we’ll table that for later.

Plus, where have Boozer and Korver been? For being such key factors to the Jazz’ success, they have been almost completely non-factors. Korver can’t hit a 3 to save his life, practically his only real value, and Boozer hasn’t hit much of anything. Williams has emerged as the obvious star, completely eclipsing any illusion to it being a joint effort with Boozer. In fact, if anyone has taken up the slack, it’s been Okur. Thank goodness he’s doing alright.

Interesting sidenote on Okur, a friend of a friend lives in Detroit, where he used to play, and they claim he smokes like 3 packs a day. Athletes and doctors that smoke make no sense to me. Imagine what it must be like guarding Mehmet and having to smell the nicotive ooze out of his pores. Nasty. Actually, that’s probably true for most actors too. Think about how terribly Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt must reek.

I predict the Jazz in 6. The Rockets will probably win the next one at home, and then the Jazz will finally step up back in SLC in game 6. It didn’t have to be this difficult, but, like I’ve said, the Jazz love to make things hard for themselves.

2 comments:

AnnieB said...

Brad Pitt? Reek? No Way! Uh-uh! I don't believe it. I won't believe it! Sorry Charlie!
Brad Pitt smells like ROSES!

C-Pipes said...

Too bad more people are watching the Soulja Boy vs Jay-Z series out East. At least you'll pull the Lakers next to get some sort of ratings.